Please note that entries are now closed for the English Schools Championship on Sunday 25th September at Sedbergh. There will be no entries available on the day.
The date has been changed for the Grin And Bear It due to access issues. The race is now on Sunday 30th October and more information can be found here.
The Chunal race which was postponed from 1st July will take place on Wednesday 21st September and will start promptly at 6:30pm; the race will not be delayed for runners arriving late.
12th November 2016
English updated after Pendle Three Peaks - here
A report was received that a runner competed in an English Championship race with his race number pinned to his shorts, not his vest. Having found the case proved, the FRA Disciplinary Sub-Committee decided that the runner would be banned from fell races for three months but that the ban should be suspended for a period of twelve months. The ban would come into effect if the runner were to break any of the FRA Requirements for Runners 2015 and 2016 “the Runners’ Rules” during the next twelve months.
Runners are reminded that the Runners’ Rules provide,
4. Race Numbers
Wear your race number on your chest and show it to marshals at check-points.
The race number is an essential part of running the race, to check that runners don’t skip a checkpoint and to keep track of runners who are lagging behind or have dropped out of the event.
If you put on a cagoule over your number be prepared to uncover it to show to race officials at checkpoints, so that the number can be recorded. Don’t fold or cut down numbers as this makes them more difficult to read and also conceals the sponsor’s name. Only shout out your number if you are asked to do so.
Due to high numbers booking on the course, we can offer an alternative weekend 1 on the 3rd / 4th September. The venue will be in the South Lakes / NW area. The 2nd weekend of the course remains the same ( 8/9th October ). A new application form can be founder here.
Another Fell LiRF will take place in Kendal on the 10th September. Details and application form are available here.
Remember folks if you move house and you want to continue to get your Fellrunner magazines and annual handbook and fixtures calendar, you also need to update your address in SiEntries by clicking on the Edit/Renew button on the left.
I am also getting several queries from members who have noticed payments leaving their accounts and then being returned. These are invariably old Standing Orders which will no longer work as subs are now collected by Direct Debit. If this applies to you then you just need tp cancel the old Standing Order with your bank.
Eligibility qualifications for the 2016 English Championships are as follows:
* 1. First claim member of an English club and registered with England Athletics. Runners must be members of the FRA if they are not registered with England Athletics.
* 2. First claim member of a club outside England which is registered with the appropriate home country athletics federation and either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* 3. Members of the FRA who are not a member of a club registered with England Athletics but either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Runners qualifying under 2. or 3. above must notify the FRA Statistician (See FRA Committee pages towards the front of the handbook for contact details) either in writing or by e-mail prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Clubs must be affiliated to England Athletics.
Click here to use Jim Godwin's race organiser program