The Barrow race will go ahead as planned on Monday 29th August despite the cancellation of Keswick Show due to the Storm Desmond flooding. The course has been shortened slightly. Parking will be on the old road, and public toilets are available in the village. Full details here.
The race contact /organiser for the Harrock Hill 1 race on Wednesday 25th May has changed to Andy Quickfall. Full details here.
The venue for the Beamsley Beacon race on Thursday 23rd June has changed to The Crown Inn, 136 Main Street, Addingham, LS29 0NS. All other details unchanged.
The Howtown race (Sunday 12th June) which was cancelled earlier this month, is back on with Jon Tombs as race organiser. Full details can be found here.
The Allendale Fair race on Saturday 4th June has been cancelled.
Due to a wedding in the village hall on the same day we have brought the time of the race forward to 11am. Registration will now take place in the meadow where we park the cars. Sorry for any inconvenience with the late change. Hopefully this will mean we have done the race and be out of the way by the time the wedding party arrive.
The race contact for Bamford Carnival (Sunday 17th July) has changed. Updated details can be found here.
The date of the Beacon Batch race has changed to Tuesday 21st June. Other details are unchanged and can be found here.
The race contact for Flan Fell on Thursday 7th July has changed to Louise Thompson. All other details are unchanged and can be seen here.
The Raad Ny Foillan Pier To Pier race on Saturday 2nd April has been postponed to Saturday 16th July and renamed Port Erin Beach Festival Pier to Pier. The race contact has also changed so see details here or on the race website for more information.
It is with great regret we have had to cancel both the Carlton challenge (4th May) and the Viking chase (9th September). After talks with the new land owners we failed to agree terms so we have decided that it is not in anyone's interest to try and host these events. Both of these races were intended as fund raisers for Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team (CMRT). The Viking chase has been run by CMRT for 15 years or so.
Sid Bollands (race organiser)
Please note that the contact for the Bingley Show Race on Saturday 23rd July has changed to Phil Hawkswell. His details can be found in the race listing here.
Remember folks if you move house and you want to continue to get your Fellrunner magazines and annual handbook and fixtures calendar, you also need to update your address in SiEntries by clicking on the Edit/Renew button on the left.
I am also getting several queries from members who have noticed payments leaving their accounts and then being returned. These are invariably old Standing Orders which will no longer work as subs are now collected by Direct Debit. If this applies to you then you just need tp cancel the old Standing Order with your bank.
Eligibility qualifications for the 2016 English Championships are as follows:
* 1. First claim member of an English club and registered with England Athletics. Runners must be members of the FRA if they are not registered with England Athletics.
* 2. First claim member of a club outside England which is registered with the appropriate home country athletics federation and either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* 3. Members of the FRA who are not a member of a club registered with England Athletics but either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Runners qualifying under 2. or 3. above must notify the FRA Statistician (See FRA Committee pages towards the front of the handbook for contact details) either in writing or by e-mail prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Clubs must be affiliated to England Athletics.
The organiser has regretfully cancelled the Tour of Norland Moor race on Sunday 28th August because of flood damage to a bridge on the route.
Click here to use Jim Godwin's race organiser program