FRA Outdoor First Aid Course
This is a 2 day ITC outdoor first aid course offering remote first aid training ideal for outdoor leaders and outdoor enthusiasts. It takes you through the skills essential for rescue and emergency care in the wilderness. This is the same course you would need if you were an outdoor professional like Mountain Leaders, SPA, WGL, BCU, BASI ski instructor or Mountain Bike Leader.
Outdoor First Aid 16 hours (2 days) programme
· Safe best practice
· A systematic approach to incident management in the outdoors
· Unconsciousness, causes and treatment
· External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock
· Resuscitation procedures including CPR, AED use and choking
· Awareness of current regulations
· Injury management outdoors
· Illness recognition and management
· Managing thermal (heat, cold) problems
· Incident management scenarios
· Course fee includes first aid manual and accredited first aid certificate valid for three years.
The course focuses on interactive hands-on practical training indoors and out. Around 40% of the course is outside regardless of the weather. We use fields and some steep ground. You will need warm and waterproof kit to change into, hat and gloves, and boots are good idea too. Think FRA minimum kit and then imagine you are stood around for a while!
Any questions please let me know or email me to be added to the waiting list.