Following the FRA committee meeting on 4/12/16 and in light of recent publicity surrounding historical sexual abuse at football clubs, the committee clarified that any allegations of a similar nature within the sport of fell running will be taken extremely seriously and investigated appropriately.
We have already liaised with UKA and an update and explanation of his role will be provided by the newly appointed Welfare Officer in the Spring Fellrunner.
Any enquiries should be directed to Ed Gamble (firstname.lastname@example.org)
After the success of the 2016 British Fell relays in Scotland, 2017 will see the relays return to North Wales, hosted once again by Eryri Harriers, on 15th October.
To ensure the continued success of the event as a truly British championship we are keen to have an English venue for 2018. I am aware there are a couple of clubs who are looking into the feasibility of acting as the host, but at this stage nothing has been confirmed. If any individuals or clubs are interested in being involved in putting on this great event, please do get in touch with me email@example.com – either to discuss what is required or to get hold of the event guidelines.
I am sure I am not alone in hoping we can find an English host to continue to great tradition of the event
The 2017 GB mountain running selection criteria can now be found under the international page. Due to the World Championships being held much earlier (end of July) in 2017, the selection policy is different to previous years. We envisage this being a one off.
All 2016 race organisers have been sent information on how to apply for a 2017 race license (previously known as a permit). If you are a new organiser, or haven't received this information, please contact me. The closing date for applications for races to be included in the 2017 FRA Handbook is Monday 31st October.
Andy Butler (Fixtures Secretary)
Remember folks if you move house and you want to continue to get your Fellrunner magazines and annual handbook and fixtures calendar, you also need to update your address in SiEntries by clicking on the Edit/Renew button on the left.
I am also getting several queries from members who have noticed payments leaving their accounts and then being returned. These are invariably old Standing Orders which will no longer work as subs are now collected by Direct Debit. If this applies to you then you just need tp cancel the old Standing Order with your bank.
Eligibility qualifications for the 2016 English Championships are as follows:
* 1. First claim member of an English club and registered with England Athletics. Runners must be members of the FRA if they are not registered with England Athletics.
* 2. First claim member of a club outside England which is registered with the appropriate home country athletics federation and either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* 3. Members of the FRA who are not a member of a club registered with England Athletics but either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Runners qualifying under 2. or 3. above must notify the FRA Statistician (See FRA Committee pages towards the front of the handbook for contact details) either in writing or by e-mail prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Clubs must be affiliated to England Athletics.
Click here to use Jim Godwin's race organiser program